I ran a half marathon last Saturday.
Really, I have nothing else to say about that.
I just wanted you to know. Because 13 miles is a long way. And there was a hill at the end. And if I knew who designed the course so that the biggest hill would be half of a mile from the finish line, we would definitely NOT be friends. I mean, I might wave to them if they were checking their mail at the same time that I was, but I wouldn't go over and start a chat about the weather and how great our street is. Even though I love my street.
I realized though, that I have pretty much the same thought process for running 13 miles as I do when I make a set of cookies.
This is going to be awesome.
Look at how awesome I am.
Maybe this isn't going to be awesome.
WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!! Everything is all wrong. It wasn't supposed to be like this!
I can do this. This could possibly work. I am going to MAKE it work.
YES!!! I did it!!!
I will never ever ever ever ever do that again.
Oooh. When's the next race (order)?!
These cookies were no exception. And even now at the end, I'm not entirely sure I actually crossed the finish line with them. But I'm already looking forward to the next one and I'm pretty sure they are going to be AWESOME. Of course.
1. Outline and fill the face area with skin colored icing. Or pale green icing. That would be cool. Let it dry for 30 minutes.
2. Use medium consistency pink icing to outline and fill the hair area of the cookie. Purple would also be a fantastic color choice. Let it dry for 30 minutes.
3. Add a nose and a neck with the same skin colored icing. (I tried to make a pointy nose...but I think she kind of just looks like she's broken her nose.) Pipe the top of the hat and the brim of the hat with black icing. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
4. Pipe 2 small dots of black icing for the eyes. Add a tiny heart for the mouth with a light pink icing or a food color marker. Add detail lines to the hair with a #1.5 tip and the same pink icing you used to make the hair in the first place. Fill in the band on the hat with a yellow icing. Let it dry for another 30 minutes.
5. Add eyelashes and eyebrows with a black food color marker. Use a pink food color marker to add cheeks. Pipe a buckle on the hat band. Finish it off by piping over the top of the bottom edge of the hat with black icing and a #3 tip.
Get the cutters -- WITCH, CANDY, PUMPKIN, WITCH HAT, and WITCH SHOE. (The witch, witch hat, and witch shoe cutter have all been discontinued so they might not be available for long. Just FYI.)