So...I live in Oz now. If you don't know, that's what we people in Australia call Australia for short. I've been here for 4 whole days and even though I'm leaving on Friday, I'm very nearly an expert Australian. I used the word "dodgy" in a real conversation and gave someone directions to the lift. AND...I minded the gap at the train station like a boss. Also, I'm now the proud owner of a wombat cookie cutter.
Seriously - if you are even THINKING right now that you don't know what a wombat is - stop and look at THESE PICTURES. But don't look at the giant wombats. They scare me. And I would never be able to look at my sweet little wombat cutter the same way again. And I like that cutter.
You know what I *also* like? Working with Ann Clark Cookies!! They've got a great selection for the election season -- no matter who you stand behind! (PS -- for the record -- I'll have a tutorial on Donald Trump cookies tomorrow!)
1. With a skin colored icing, outline and fill a wide curvy "U" shape area for the face. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
2. Add dots of the same icing on both sides of the face for ears. Outline and fill the jacket area of the cookie with a medium consistency blue icing. Let it dry for another 15 minutes.
3. Outline and fill one side of the hair with a medium consistency gold icing. Add the collarbone and neck with the skin colored icing. Let dry for 15 minutes.
4. Outline and fill the other side of the hair. Put a #1.5 tip on your blue icing and pipe the lapels on both sides of the jacket. Let dry for a couple of hours. Go cookie cutter shopping in your spare time. Or do some "research" on Pinterest. Do *not* do laundry.
5. Pipe white dots for the necklace, leaving space between each dot. Add 2 tiny black dots for eyes and 1 small skin colored dot for a nose. Add pink cheeks with a pink food color marker or pink food coloring and a brush. Pipe a heart for the mouth and use a toothpick or scriber to pull out the corners of the mouth. Add eyebrows with gold icing and a #1.5 tip. Add the detail lines on the hair with the same icing. Pipe a dot of white on each ear for earrings and fill in the spaces of the necklace with more white dots. And...DONE!!
See it in action here.
See the DONALD TRUMP COOKIE tutorial.