You know, spending a couple of days in the birthplace of a nation has really made me think about the founding years of my own country. And thinking about all those years of history that have developed our separate countries into what they are, I just can't stop wondering how it is that Australia has managed to create the pure love in cookie form that is a Tim-Tam while the United States is stuck with Oreos. HOW will I continue to live my life without the option of ducking into a shop for a Tim-Tam? I would go on a chocolate strike until America promises to import Tim-Tams, but I think you and I both know that would last about 20 minutes and would only end in tears and ice cream.
So I'll just keep making my decorated cookies will secretly opening a science laboratory in the basement where the sole purpose is to recreate a Tim-Tam in it's entirety and perfection. The lab will, of course, require a regular shipment of *actual* Tim-Tam...for research purposes obviously. And a lock. And sound proof walls. And maybe Netflix. You are welcome to join me when construction is completed. The pass code will be "I can eat more Tim-Tams than you. But I won't because I like you." In the meantime...let's make some more decorated political cookies!
1. With medium consistency skin colored icing, outline and fill a wide "U" shape area for the face. Be sure to add a dot of icing at the bottom for the chin. Let dry for 15 minutes.
2. Add dots of icing on both sides of the face for ears. Outline and fill the jacket area of the cookie with medium consistency gray icing. Let dry for another 15 minutes.
3. Fill in the shirt area of the cookie with white icing. And outline and fill the hair with a golden brown colored icing. (Surprisingly...I mixed brown and gold food coloring for this color.) Let dry for another 15 minutes....you know the drill.
4. Add 2 dots of white icing for the eyes. Immediately add 2 dots of blue and then 2 even smaller drops of black on top. Put a #1.5 tip on the gray icing and pipe the lapels on the jacket.
5. Add mouth details, nose and eyebrows. Pipe the bottom of the tie with a #1.5 tip and red icing. Pipe the teeth and collar with white icing and a #1.5 tip.
6. Put a #1.5 tip on the brown icing and add hair details. Finish the tie with a diamond of red icing.
By request -- here is my sketch of Donald Trump if you want to use it with your Pico or KK.
Grab the DONALD TRUMP CUTTER or the REPUBLICAN ELEPHANT CUTTER.
See how I made HILLARY CLINTON COOKIES here.