My very-nearly-not-a-baby-anymore girl child is apparently starved for human interaction. She has been messaging everyone in my contact list, Since my phone auto-corrects...the messages usually end up looking like
"zzzzggggzzzzzz eggsllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz purpleidea333."
Understandably...my husband gets a little confused and walks in the house with a dozen eggs and some crayons. Poor guy. (Seriously though... he's the BEST, right??!!)
She's also been sending out pictures of her toes and my living room carpet and our ceilings. And giving that big ol' thumbs up on all of my Facebook Messenger chats. She even calls my FB friends. (I didn't even know you could DO that!) So... just to be clear ... I'm not looking for interior design advice on my carpets or ceilings. But if you want to think those adorable toes are mine... I'm cool with that. And if you happen to see the underside of my couch on Instagram... please let me know! There is at least a 37% chance that *I* didn't post that.
And she somehow does all of this social media interacting while attached to my leg. Or arm. Or face. She really couldn't care less which part of me she is smooshing. If we walk down the hallway OF MY HOUSE...she has to hold my hand. You know, so we don't get lost. If I'm sitting anywhere, she tells me "sit BY you" which is Little P code for "I need to sit on your lap to make sure that whatever you are doing you have to get around me to do it. I don't want you to forget me. Also... feed me. And not that healthy stuff. I'd like marshmallows." As I'm sure you can imagine...decorated cookies are few and far between these days. But I did manage to get some of these cuties all decorated up during an ill-advised all-nighter this week. Those little legs!! Tell me you don't want to make some now! (Maybe don't actually tell me that. It will make me sad. And I just didn't sleep enough to make up for the closet of ice cream those tears will require.)
1. Before you start... pipe some leaf shaped wing transfers for step 4. When you are ready to bake your cookies, use a circle cutter to cut the top off the LilaLoa plaque shape. Bake as usual. Use a #3 tip and medium consistency icing to outline and fill the body for the owl. Let it dry for a couple of hours.
2. Pipe a dot of white icing, and then immediately add dots of blue and black icing on top to create an eyeball. Give it 5 minutes to set up before moving on.
3. Add another eyeball the same way as the first. Use a #1.5 tip and gold icing to pipe to adorable little legs. Let the eyes dry for at least 30 minutes.
4. With orange icing and a #2 tip, pipe a dot of orange between the eyes and pull downward to create a beak. Add the wing transfers by piping a dot of blue on the back of each wing and then pressing them gently on to the cookie.
5. Pipe a tiny heart on your sweet little owl.
Grab the cutters : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, AND 8. (I have no idea where I got 9 from.)
See how I made the frame cookie and the ruffle heart in MY BOOK.
"OWL font" -- Showcard Gothic, "always love you" font -- Girls Are Weird.