Merry Cookie Season!! Are you all still crazy decorating? I finished these cookies ahead of schedule and kind of lost my head. I mean...not running behind? At CHRISTMAS TIME? I don't even... does. not. compute. I started thinking all these crazy things like "Maybe I'll clean my house today" and "Oooh, or I could take all 4 of my children Christmas shopping. In the evening. When every one else in the entire world is also shopping. I could probably run out and back real quick before they get hungry and cranky and have a complete meltdown in the middle of the store." Luckily I came to my senses and we played "Salon Day" while eating cheesy chips instead. Best day ever.
See? She's go the best ideas!! As soon as I saw these snowmen I knew the baby cutter from Karen's Cookies would be perfect!
1. Use a food color marker to trace a circle cutter as a guideline for the head. I didn't do this for the first two and things just got all wonky.
2. Outline and fill the head portion with medium consistency white icing. Let it dry for a while if you are going to make the shirt a bright color. You don't want them getting extra-friendly on you.
3. Outline and fill the shirt area with medium consistency orange icing. Again, let this dry for a while so the colors don't bleed. Alternatively... you could do steps 2 and 4 at the same time. I didn't because I just don't trust myself to get everything to match up right.
4. With the medium white icing, add the bottom part of the snowman.
5. Make a small circle of icing on either side of the head with icing. Add the cutest little heart in green on the shirt.
6. With a #3 tip and orange icing, pipe a hem line across the bottom of the shirt. Add some mittens.
Don't forget to drop by my cousin's blog HERE to see which cookie if mine she made into a card!
You can find the baby cutter at Karen's Cookies.
And you can get the tree cutter at Whisked Away Cutters.
Go see Santa and all of his friends with Callye at The Sweet Adventures of SugarBelle.
Or make some whimsical Christmas trees and snowmen HERE.